Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Northern Lights in Alaska 2010-2011

Greetings from Alaska! Yes, I'm still in Alaska after finishing the season in Glacier Bay National Park. My new photography project is the Northern Lights! I will spend the entire winter just outside of Fairbanks, Alaska photographing the Aurora Borealis in sub zero Arctic North. Capturing the northern lights has always been my dream, and I was finally able to schedule time this winter! I had good practice for sub zero temperatures last winter in Wyoming , so I'm ready for new challenges.

Besides photographing the northern lights, I'd like to capture the harsh but beautiful winter scene in the northern wilderness, the sense of the last frontier, and more.

Please visit my update and new images on my blog: http://spiritofnaturephoto.blogspot.com/

P.S. This image is taken in Wyoming at sunset.